Friday, February 27, 2009

IN"SENE"TY INSTEAD OF INSANIYAT

Shobhaa De: Sita Sena. Join now. Speak up!!

All I can say is that there is a lot of inSENEty all around. Let us not create more. If I must support a cause, it will be one which supports the Girl Childs right to Life and to Education and to a Wholesome Meal. Killing her at Birth or Denying her education or making her eat after "Bhaiyya ne kha liya" is infinitely more dangerous today than protecting someone's right to eat-drink-and-be-merry or dress-as-they-please.

While I believe that all rights are absolute and there is no relativeness about them and hence you should not prioritise your defense of one against another, because Society's resources are finite, I would like to use them where they matter most.

5 comments:

Ava said...

In a way they are both related. Killing someone's individuality is like killing their self. And infanticide is nothing but pure murder and a crime that should be punishable by hanging.

Ava said...

http://rotteneggstrikes.blogspot.com/2009/02/25-things-you-never-knew-about-me.html

you are tagged here.

Jagjit said...

Wow. No one saw it from this angle. Nice thinking. The fury of events causes much confusion and we seem to forget the sense of importance. Of course there are things of more immediate importance than drinking where you please. Nice post.

Anonymous said...

"Denying her education or making her eat after "Bhaiyya ne kha liya"


touched my heart.....

Prabhash said...

Thank you all for your comments. Keep reading and I promise I won't dissappoint.